This is a blog that concentrates on the influences and writing of two aspiring author friends called Thadeus Morticaine and Dan Coghlan. They have been friends for many years and found that they have a common interest in what they write, even though they write different things.

Thadeus Morticaine is working on a series of Folk horror stories, fantasy stories, some ghost stories and some sci-fi. He likes HP Lovecraft, Gareth L Powell, Robert Rankin and Kim Newman. He is also very much into his folktales and Celtic and Norse myths and legends.

Dan Coghlan is currently working on a Sword and Sorcery series about a Wood Elf Barbarian, and also a pulp fiction style series of Post-Apocalyptic stories. He likes Robert E Howard and Steve Dilks, as well as Lin Carter and Clarke Ashton Smith.

The Dark Garret twitter account can be found here at @GarretDark.

Thursday, November 22, 2018

Hello all,

This is being put up a little later than I thought it would be, but better late than never, as they say.

This last week or so has been very good to me. I've completed a short story and its to be published! Which I'm immensely pleased about. Hopefully, by the end of the month, it'll be in print, if not, it should be out before Christmas at least. I'll Keep everyone updated on what happens there. I'll also provide links to where you guys can get your hands on it. It'll be part of a multi-media package that I'm excited to be included in.

Something else that I've been working on is for the Northworthy Sagas and Stories YouTube channel. The blog is coming along and soon there will be some new banners made for the blog as well as the YouTube channel itself. After that, once I've built up some content, the blog will go live.

I am now an admin on their channel and you'll be able to come and chat with us when a video goes up via YouTube's canny premiere facility.

With Northworthy, I have been invited along to perform in some of their videos. So I have a Saxon persona that I am currently working on, replete with my own Saga that will hopefully will be performed as a milestone and also be published as a book that is accompanied by a series of short stories and some Skaldic poetry that I am learning the formula for. So watch out for that.

Alongside all of that, Northworthy Sagas and Stories may also be introducing a series of black-smithing videos and videos on how to tailor Dark Age period clothing. Hopefully, I'll have a hand in that. I await with baited breath.

As always, I'll keep you lovely people updated on my exploits and progress.

Farewell!

No comments:

Post a Comment