This is a blog that concentrates on the influences and writing of two aspiring author friends called Thadeus Morticaine and Dan Coghlan. They have been friends for many years and found that they have a common interest in what they write, even though they write different things.

Thadeus Morticaine is working on a series of Folk horror stories, fantasy stories, some ghost stories and some sci-fi. He likes HP Lovecraft, Gareth L Powell, Robert Rankin and Kim Newman. He is also very much into his folktales and Celtic and Norse myths and legends.

Dan Coghlan is currently working on a Sword and Sorcery series about a Wood Elf Barbarian, and also a pulp fiction style series of Post-Apocalyptic stories. He likes Robert E Howard and Steve Dilks, as well as Lin Carter and Clarke Ashton Smith.

The Dark Garret twitter account can be found here at @GarretDark.

Sunday, March 6, 2022

 Hello everyone,

Just a quick update. I've wanted to keep this up as a regular thing and this week, I'm finding it hard to think of much to say, I'm afraid.

Something happened during the week that shook me up a little and I feel almost embarrassed that it shocked me and threw me so badly as it isn't necessarily life changing, but it had made be have flashbacks to a time when something similar happened and I was almost made homeless. But I relly do doubt that it'll get that bad. But much of my writing this last week has taken a back seat and I'm having a little difficulty starting up the routine again.

Anyway, I am still trucking through my copy of the WFRP 4th Edition source book: Altdorf, The Crown of the Empire.

Rackham Vale, Arthur Rackham, Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay, Altdorf, roleplay, wfrp, rpg, ttrpg, author, puckoon, spike milligan, Old School essentials, Dungeon Crawl Classics, writing, fantasy, sword and sorcery,  Bryant and May, Christopher Fowler,
Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 4th edition,
Altdorf: Crown of the Empire


I have also decided to revisit a book I finished about 20 years ago when I was in my teens called Puckoon by Spike Milligan. Its hilarious! Its one of the few books that I think everyone should read.

Rackham Vale, Arthur Rackham, Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay, Altdorf, roleplay, wfrp, rpg, ttrpg, author, puckoon, spike milligan, Old School essentials, Dungeon Crawl Classics, writing, fantasy, sword and sorcery,  Bryant and May, Christopher Fowler,
Puckoon, Spike Milligan


Beyond that, I'm also still reading one of Christopher Fowler's Bryant and May novels called The Lonely Hour. Its going slowly but I'm progressing alright.


Rackham Vale, Arthur Rackham, Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay, Altdorf, roleplay, wfrp, rpg, ttrpg, author, puckoon, spike milligan, Old School essentials, Dungeon Crawl Classics, writing, fantasy, sword and sorcery,  Bryant and May, Christopher Fowler,
The Lonely Hour, Bryant and May,
Christopher Fowler,

I have also backed a few Kickstarters, all of which are supplements for RPGs. I have a couple on order for Dungeon Crawl Classics and a couple for Old School Essentials. Both are fun games and I love the Dolmenwood setting for Old School Essentials.

One of the books is for an Old School Essentials setting book based around the artwork of Arthur Rackham which is wonderful. The Kickstarter for which you can visit here.

Rackham Vale, Arthur Rackham, Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay, Altdorf, roleplay, wfrp, rpg, ttrpg, author, puckoon, spike milligan, Old School essentials, Dungeon Crawl Classics, writing, fantasy, sword and sorcery,  Bryant and May, Christopher Fowler,
Rackham Vale for
Old School Essentials


No comments:

Post a Comment