This is a blog that concentrates on the influences and writing of two aspiring author friends called Thadeus Morticaine and Dan Coghlan. They have been friends for many years and found that they have a common interest in what they write, even though they write different things.

Thadeus Morticaine is working on a series of Folk horror stories, fantasy stories, some ghost stories and some sci-fi. He likes HP Lovecraft, Gareth L Powell, Robert Rankin and Kim Newman. He is also very much into his folktales and Celtic and Norse myths and legends.

Dan Coghlan is currently working on a Sword and Sorcery series about a Wood Elf Barbarian, and also a pulp fiction style series of Post-Apocalyptic stories. He likes Robert E Howard and Steve Dilks, as well as Lin Carter and Clarke Ashton Smith.

The Dark Garret twitter account can be found here at @GarretDark.

Monday, May 16, 2022

 Hello everyone!

Well, there is a little to tell for this last week, but not too much.

That illness persisted for a while. I still have it in some regards, but I'm feeling a lot better. Darn stomach bugs... Yes, I'd really not felt right with that, and still don't feel a hundred per cent. And this was while I was waiting on the doctor to call too. They still haven't, but hat's to help sort out a few other ailments instead. Things should progress soon. I'm to go get my blood tested at some point soon. More on that another day. I know the health service is over stretched, but I'm getting a bit tetchy about a few things now.

But with writing, not much has happened. There's been a fair amount of planning going on. I've been bitting and bobbing with a new novella and a short story plan, but that stomach complaint has got in the way quite a bit.

One thing I have managed to do is to work out a better magick system, to actually formalise parts of it and come up with the ten disciplines, to at least be used in relation to the professors at the Magickal College. I'd sort of pantsed it in regards to the magick in the three stories I've got first drafts for already. Now I have a proper reference sheet for it. I want to get some background/character sheets done for the heads of those disciplines at the Magickal College soon, then I'll feel comfortable with it.

Anyway, soon I should be able to get my head around another fantasy short story and another fantasy novella. Which is nice.

But other than that, I've also been waiting on a box set of Blood Bowl. It should have already arrived, but I'm still awaiting its arrival. Sigh. I'm sort of getting into that a fair amount and am quite excited for it to actually arrive. I have a Dwarf Blood Bowl team and part of a Norsca Blood Bowl team already. I just need to learn how to play.

Blood Bowl Second Season box set
Blood Bowl Second Series


Anyway, farewell everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment